Since waters receded from New York after Superstorm Sandy, our All Hands volunteers have been on the ground, doing what they do so well—helping communities recover. Each day, we send out hardworking teams to homes and buildings in need of gutting, mold treatment, and rebuilding. Each afternoon as our teams leave, relieved homeowners express their heartfelt thanks for the difference we have made.
Now, we’re starting an exciting program installing subfloors in Superstorm Sandy-affected Long Island. Many houses have had their flooded floors removed during gutting, and other steps of rebuilding, like rewiring or reinstalling HVAC systems can’t proceed until subfloors are back in. We need energetic Site Supervisors with construction experience to lead teams of volunteers performing this crucial part of the recovery process.
We are now in need of some great Site Supervisors for our Subfloor Rebuild Program!
What You’d Be Doing:
– Team Leading
- Lead teams of staff and volunteers in subfloor reconstruction
- Brief all team members daily on safety, work practices, daily schedule, and relevant beneficiary information
- Ensure compliance with work and safety practices for subfloor reconstruction program
- Ensure quality of work performed
- Maintain accurate records of field work completed
– Training, Safety, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure quality of work performed by teams
- Ensure that all program personnel are adequately trained for work assigned
- Train and evaluate personnel to ensure compliance with program practices
– Act as All Hands Volunteers on-project staff to promote a positive volunteer experience and ensure compliance with organizational and project-specific policies regarding behavior and use of tools and facilities.
– Other duties as assigned
- Experience overseeing residential carpentry construction in the US, including all aspects of work described above
- Experience leading teams of volunteers in a post-disaster environment
- Must be well organized and able to prioritize and schedule multiple concurrent tasks
- Patience and a good sense of humor
- Valid driver’s license
Education, Skills & Training
- Must possess good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Meticulous record keeping to aid in reporting and compliance
- Good communication skills
We are offering a $800/month stipend and will cover return trip travel costs to qualified Site Supervisors who are selected to join us and make a one-month minimum commitment.
Is this you or perhaps someone you know?
If so, please contact us right away at email@example.com.