The Staten Island Long Term Recovery Organization effort is fueled by volunteers like you! If you would like to volunteer with the Sandy relief effort on Staten Island, email email@example.com for more information.
Visit nydis.org/volunteerhousing for an NYC volunteer housing site directory and instructions on how to reserve housing for Sandy recovery volunteers in the NYC region.
The critical work being done to assist those affected by Hurricane Sandy requires the efforts of a great many talented and dedicated members of the community. You can volunteer as an individual or as part of a group. The effort needs skilled and unskilled volunteers and no time commitment is too small. Please reach out to offer your time and talents: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides much outs, gutting, debris removal, rebuilding, and mold treatment.
Provides muck outs, gutting, debris removal, rebuilding, and mold assessments.
Wondering where to house volunteers on Staten Island? These churches have hosted Sandy volunteers.
1. New Dorp Moravian:1250 Todt Hill Road 10306. The contact is Michele at 718-351-0090. She is available from 9:00am-2:30pm Mon-Fri.. They can board a maximum of 20-25 people. They have kitchen facilities and a shower trailer on their property. At this time they are not charging a fee.
2. Great Kills Moravian 62 Hillside Terrace 10308. The contact is Donna Montanti. She can be reached at 718-356-4128 or 718-317-7788. They can board a maximum of 20. They have kitchen and bathroom facilities but no showers. Volunteers will be authorized to use the showers at a YMCA located approximately 5 minutes from the church. They are not charging a fee.
3. Bethel United Methodist Church. 7033 Amboy Road 10307. The contact is Cindy Lubniewski. She can be reached at 718-984-1277. They can board a maximum of 20 people. They have kitchen facilities and 3 bathrooms. Showers are available at the YMCA which is approximately 5 miles from their site. They are currently charging a $10/person registration fee only; no per night charges.
4. Olivet Presbyterian 97 Myrtle Avenue 10310. The contact is Rev. M. Bottari. She can be reached at 718-981-5043. They can board a maximum of 10 people. They have kitchen and bathroom facilities but no showers. Showers are available at a YMCA which is only ¼ mile from their site. They are charging $20/person/night. ALL SCHEDULING FOR THIS SITE IS DONE THROUGH THE PDA CALL CENTER AT 866-732-6121.
5. Unitarian Universalist Church 312 Fillmore Street 10301. The contact is Rev. Susan Karlson. She can be reached at 718-447-2204. They can board a maximum of 15. They have kitchen and bathroom facilities. Showers are available at the North Shore YMCA which is located about 10 minutes away. They do not charge a fee.
6. Christ Church 76 Franklin Avenue 10301 as a currently operating host site. The site coordinator is Mr. Darrell Hayes at 347-942-3787. They can board up to 50 persons. They have kitchen facilities and showers. They charge $10/person/night.